First Aid – Intelligence & Wisdom
"Good, the wound is clean. Now take the cloth and wrap it tightly'. Not too tightly! We don't have the luxury of magic here."
——Mother Lengan, Local Priestess
The First Aid skill represents the knowledge to heal and assist sick and injured individuals. The First Aid skill is used to stabilize injuries, care for sick individuals, and speeds the healing process. Training in First Aid can also allow you to mix and create healing poultices and medicines. First Aid lore allows for knowledge of famous healers, legendary remedies, and the identification and care of rare and exotic maladies.
Common Uses of the First Aid Skill
- Care for a sick or injured creature
- Identify healing substances
- Identify rare and exotic maladies
Modifiers for Type of Creature
|Animal or Beast||-5|
|Plant, Fungus, Magical Creature, Dragon, Undead||-10|
|Extra-planar Creature, Elemental, Ooze||-15|
Common DCs for the First Aid Skill
|Care for a Sick or Injured Person|
(additional -2 to Resilience DC per day of care)
|DF 2||DC 10|
|Identify Common Injury or Malady||DF 3||DC 15|
|Identify Uncommon Injury or Malady||DF 5||DC 25|
|Identify Rare Malady||DF 7||DC 35|
- Disease: When treating a disease, you may make a First Aid check at the end of each day of care. The target gains an bonus to their Resilience check equal to [First Aid Check ÷ 4].
- Poison & Toxins: When treating a poison or toxin, you may make a First Aid check at the end of each day of care. The target gains an bonus to their Resilience check equal to [First Aid Check ÷ 4].
- Curses: Curses typically cannot be treated with the First Aid skill.